Music production and recording for bands & artists
Whether you are a solo artist or a band I am dedicated to achieving the exact ‘sound’ you are looking for and to the highest standard. Having played in many bands I know the feeling of completing a recording session and returning home to find that the results are not what you had hoped for. This is not something I wish to happen to any of the acts I work with.
- I play drums, guitar, bass and keys so I’m happy to help with whatever you require. Singer-songwriters can achieve a full-band sound without hiring session musicians.
- I have a vast library of sounds and samples which can take your track to the next level or in a whole new direction. Professional strings, hundreds of synths, vintage organs plus many more.
- When the session is complete the track is not finished. I am happy to give artists a chance to digest the recording and provide feedback before mixing.
- I use a Yamaha DTX-900 drum kit for recording. This allows me to generate professional drums sounds every single time. I have a wide library of full customisable professionally sampled kits from studios such as Abbey Road and Sound City. This method also allows drum parts to be edited/re-recorded at any point during the recording process and saves hours of setup time.
- I record from my home recording studio in Glasgow so it’s easy to find with a relaxed atmosphere.
- As a composer I have recorded movie trailers, advertising music plus more in this very room. Professional results are guaranteed.
- £30 per hour (For a track, artists typically book a 7 hour session with 3 hours mixing/mastering afterwards).